Mandela Day 2021
In July, every year, people across the globe celebrate and commemorate the life and legacy of the wonderful Nelson Mandela through acts of service and generosity. Mandela Day, 18 July, marks a day where we unite to take action against poverty, because, as Madiba charged us all, “It is in your hands to make of our world a better one for all.”
At Knysna Sedgefield Hospice we are excited to invite you and your friends, family and businesses to join us as we honour the legacy of Madiba this July – Mandela Month.
You can make an impact this Mandela Month and spread hope and dignity for the hundreds of beneficiaries we support. There are 3 simple ways to get involved:
- Join our Sweepstakes Club for R50 a month and Stand a chance to win R10 000 ! Sign up in multiples of R50 to increase your chances of winning, while you support our patient care programme.
- Share our Organisation Profile with your company. Perhaps they can help too! Here are some “pitch tips” to get you started.
- Like, share, comment and post on our Social Media Platforms Instagram and Facebook
- Gather and donate items for our Dignity Packs that we give to elderly patients and teens.
- Donate R670 to sponsor 2 Dignity Packs for those in need (use ref “your name + MD”).
Shop for Madiba:
- Spend 67 minutes clearing out your house to donate second hand items for our shops.
- Shop at our charity shops in July and add R67 to your purchase to support our Patient Care Programme
On the 19th of July we will host a Mandela Day “drop off” celebration at our offices in Knysna and our Sedgefield Shop – come make your mark on Mandela Day. In adherence to all Covid protocols.
Contact us on (044) 384 0593 or email@example.com to find out more or book your donation drop off slot on the 19th of July. Donations for our Dignity Drive and second hand items can be dropped off throughout the month of July at our offices too. All cash donations are eligible for tax and BEE benefits.
We’d love to have you involved with us for Mandela Day!