PATIENT AND FAMILY
Hospice provides palliative home base care at no cost to patients and their families
- Organising and delivery of food parcels
- Providing clothes and shoes
- Providing blankets, pillows and etc.
- Delivery of medicine and medical equipment
SUPPORT A CHILD
Our children need:
- Clothes and Shoes
- School clothes and shoes
- Books, pens and etc for school
- Play therapy sessions for disabled and briefed children
- Toiletries for young ladies
Once a week patients are fetched from their house and brought to our Daycare centres in Knysna and Sedgefield for a half day of relaxing, socialising, having fun and going on daytrips. This provides lots of fun for them.
Daycare is run by our volunteers who every week have something new to entertain our patients with.
Daycare activities include transport from patient’s home, catering, arts and crafts, playing Bingo with prizes and outings.
This is run by our social workers and support staff and includes catering, group outings; children/adults are being transported, counseling sessions and etc. Hospice runs groups for:
- bereaved Adults,
- bereaved children,
- ill children,
- children of patients
- patients who need adherence support
In the year 2012/2013 our clinical team made 13,609 visits to patients and families.
- Our vehicles travel approximately 13,000km per month and we serve an area served is about 1,500 square km.
- Running our vehicles cost us R200, 000 a year. Our nurses are on call during the day their phones (cell phones and landlines) are essential and it cost us R90, 000 a year.
- Medical Equipment cost us R20, 000 a year.
- Clinical supplies, e.g. nappies, incontinence pads and linen savers.
Thanks to the generosity of our first patron, our offices are situated in the leafy suburb of Rexford!
B.O.N.D. House is our head office where all administrative activities and weekly Daycare takes place. Finances are required for:
- the maintenance of the building.
- maintenance and services of omputers and printers i.e. hardware and software
- Running costs i.e. electricity, telephones
Hospice is in continues need of the following:
- Unwanted toys, stationary and etc for our children
- Books, excess and unwanted goods for our charity shops and fundraising events e.g. booksale, maison market and etc
- Used or unwanted exercise/ gym equipment for our patients at day care
- Empty yogurt cups, butter cups and other plastic containers