Tel: + 27 44 384 0593
Fax: + 27 44 384 0456
Become an activist
Are you passionate, committed and love what you are doing? Become an activist for Hospice and use your network of friends, family and colleagues to raise funds for your charity.
Where and how do you start - click for more information!
Make a Donation
Your Donation to Knysna Sedgefield Hospice will make it possible for us to continue providing Palliative Home Based Care Services for free to our patients and their families.
Click here to donate.
What We Do
We care for our community by providing free holistic home based care to patients and their families in our wider Knysna Sedgefield Community; this involves taking care of the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of our patients and their families. We also train and mentor our staff, volunteers and health care professionals in the public and private sector.
To extend Palliative Care and Support to all who need it.
The aim of Knysna / Sedgefield Hospice is to serve the community by providing palliative, home-based care and support for persons with progressive, incurable or chronic debilitating illnesses. Our holistic care extends to the families prior to and during the bereavement period.
This is achieved by medically directed, nurse and social worker coordinated care to meet the physical, spiritual and psychosocial needs of patients who meet our referral criteria irrespective of race, age, creed, or gender.
- To provide quality palliative care and support to patients and their families.
- To sustain good governance through the correct combination skills, experience and representivity.
- To promote awareness of palliative care and to influence policies that would advance care.
- To develop strategic partnerships and networks with other organisations who could promote and/or provide quality palliative care.
- To provide and promote education, training, mentorship and research in palliative care, bereavement, grief and related Non Profit Organisation topics.
- To maintain and strengthen management systems of human and material resources and encourage a supportive, caring and cost effective ethos throughout the organisation.
- To seek innovative ways of generating and accessing funds to support and sustain the mission of the organisation.
- To be an information and knowledge driven organisation through effective monitoring, evaluation, quality improvement, risk management and reporting systems.
Knysna-Sedgefield Hospice celebrates the achievement of its 4th Cohsasa (The Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Accreditation with a score of 99%. This allows us to keep our 5 star rating with HPCA (Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa).
Congratulations to our staff and volunteers who worked so hard to meet the required standards.
Knysna-Sedgefield Hospice thanks S2 Web Solutions for their generous sponsorship of this website.
Hospice Diaper Support
Hospice pt “A” is an 8 year old girl born with Spina Bifida. She attends a local school and is in grade 1... read more