Tel: + 27 44 384 0593
Fax: + 27 44 384 0456
Carols by Candlelight
Christmas wouldn't mean half as much without the beautiful carols, traditional and modern, that we sing at this joyous time of year.
Wednesday 18 Dec 2013 - 7pm
Click here to read more.
Make a Donation
Your Donation to Knysna Sedgefield Hospice will make it possible for us to continue providing Palliative Home Based Care Services for free to our patients and their families.
Click here to donate.
What We Do
We care for our community by providing holistic home based care to patients and their families in our wider Knysna Sedgefield Community; this involves taking care of the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of our patients and their families. We also train and mentor our staff, volunteers and health care professionals in the public and private sector.
To extend Palliative Care to all who need it.
The aim of Knysna / Sedgefield Hospice is to serve the community by providing palliative, home-based care for persons with progressive, incurable and chronic debilitating illnesses. Our holistic care extends to the families prior to and during the bereavement period.
This is achieved by medically directed, nurse and social worker coordinated care to meet the physical, spiritual and psycho-social needs of patients who meet our referral criteria irrespective of race, age, creed or gender.
- To sustain good governance through the leadership of a governing body with the correct combination of skills, experience and representation.
- To provide quality palliative care to patients and their families.
- To promote awareness of palliative care and to influence policies that would advance care.
- To develop strategic partnerships and networks with other organisations that could promote and/or provide quality palliative care.
- To provide and promote education, training, mentorship and research in palliative care, bereavement, grief and related Non Profit Organisation topics.
- To maintain and strengthen management systems of human and material resources and encourage a supportive and caring ethos throughout the organisation.
- To seek innovative ways of generating and accessing funds to support and sustain the mission of the organisation.
Myths and Facts
I am not sure how the hospice team will feel about using alternative treatment.
The patient is the key member of the team and has autonomy about treatment choices. Hospice professionals may advise if a treatment is known to be harmful.